You know you're a serious gardener when...
- You have ten left-handed garden gloves and only two right-handed gloves. (Or vice versa)
- You're itching to deadhead your friends' plants.
- You requested a load of manure for your birthday.
- You buy your vehicle based on how much soil it can haul.
- You think manicures are a waste of time and money.
- You think Spring
is better than Christmas.
8:30 and you haven’t started dinner yet.
- You pull your weeds in the rain because it's easier.
hands frequently feel like sandpaper.
- You often find twigs in your hair.
- Fresh soil is one of your favorite smells.
- You're on a first-name basis with the sales clerk at your local nursery.
- You automatically brake for garden centers and plant nurseries.
gardening before all the snow has even melted in your yard.
- You frequent the back
worry about your young plants on cold nights.
do your spring cleaning in February.
plan your family’s vacation schedule around your gardening plans.
rather plant than party.
have more gardening clothes than going out clothes.
have to literally force yourself to take breaks.
housework only gets done on rainy days.
get mad when you see struggling plants at the garden store.
check the hour by hour forecast every morning.
use your wheelbarrow to bring in groceries from the car.
have more pictures of your plants than your kids.
spend more money on your gardening shoes than your regular shoes.
night always includes a quick trip to the garden center.
notice every wrong thing your neighbors are doing in their yard.
- You're usually happy when it rains.
rubberneck as you’re driving by a house to see what they’re planting.
have calluses on your calluses come summer.
wash your hair to get the dirt out from under your fingernails.
- You never roll up the garden hose because you use it so often.
can’t sleep because you saw a few aphids that day.
worry about your plants when you’re sick.
call home from your vacation spot to make sure the plants are being taken care
collect seeds like it’s your full-time job.
start drinking coffee just to have the coffee grounds to add to your garden.
- You lecture your partner and kids about throwing away perfectly good composting material.
Did you make it to the end? I'm sure you can come up with more! Add your answers to the article comment section!
Where to go next!
And if you love hostas like we do, visit our website for great hostas at a reasonable price!
~~~~~~~~~~Did you make it to the end? I'm sure you can come up with more! Add your answers to the article comment section!
Where to go next!